Foreigners who wish to enter Thailand for the purpose of business, studies, retirement, investment, etc., can obtain a 90-day non-immigrant visa permitting them to enter the country. This type of visa is only valid for exactly 90 days from the date it was issued.
An Individual holding a 90-day non-immigrant visa can stay in Thailand for up to 90-days, with a 7-day extension period available if necessary. Moreover, this 90-day visa provides the visa holder with the option to convert to a one-year non-immigrant visa while in Thailand.
It is important to note that the 90-day immigration visa differs from the Thai tourist visa, and the two do not serve the same functions.
Who is Eligible for a 90-Day Non-Immigrant Visa?
Permanent residents and citizens of the following countries are eligible applicants for a 90-day non-immigrant visa:
- Other countries in Europe
Residents and citizens of the counties not included in the list above can still apply for a 90-day non-immigrant visa under certain conditions.
What Are The Requirements for Applying for a 90-Day Non-Immigrant Visa?
To apply for a 90-day non-immigrant visa, applicants are required to demonstrate that they are not a security or public threat to the Thai government. Applicants must also be present in the country where they’re applying for this visa. The following general requirements apply to all prospective applicants of the 90-day non-immigrant visa:
- Applicants must hold a passport that has been valid for at least six months from the intended date of arrival in Thailand.
- Applicants must hold an official confirmation or invitation letter issued by the organization of concern clarifying the purpose of their visit to Thailand.
- Applicants must provide additional documentation supporting their application as requested by the Royal Thai embassy or consulate.
- Applicants must provide proof of their travel itinerary and financial funds.
- Applicants must pay the stipulated embassy fee.
Those who wish to apply for the 90-day non-immigrant visa are advised to apply either at the Royal Thai embassy or consulate in their county of residence or by mail.
Application Process of The 90-Day Non-Immigrant Visa
- Prepare the appropriate application form and all related documents required for the application.
- Submit the required documentation either by mail or in person at the Royal Thai embassy or consulate.
- Pay the consulate or embassy fees in cash, by credit card, or by check.
- Review the visa application processing. Visa processing generally takes between five and ten business days, depending on the Thai embassy or consulate where the application is submitted.